free sample patina Classical Color Door Art Glass Panels Thermal
Sound Insulation Various Shape
Classical Color Door Art Glass Panels Thermal Sound Insulation
Entry doors and interior doors are not just a functional way to move through
rooms – they can make a dramatic architectural statement to add
economic value, interest and style to a home. There is not better
way to create a one of a kind look than by using decorative door
glass. This article will identify (1) where to use decorative glassin doors (2) advantages and disadvantages of decorative glass and
(3) various options to choose from.
Where to use decorative glass
he most common uses for decorative glass are:
- Front entry door (the door can be made of steel, fiberglass or
- Transom windows mounted above exterior and interior doors. These
can be shaped in rectangular, curved or arched tops.
- Sidelights (also sometimes spelled sidelites). These are fixed
narrow panels on the side of the door.
- Interior wood doors
s have shown that a glass panel interior door can provide an
excellent vintage appearance to a house or any apartment. To be
factual, a glass panel interior door comes with natural beautiful
look. However, glass panel interior doors can be made of any design
or fit a special architect requirement. Apart from being unique in
nature, glass panel interior doors unleash some other benefits.
One of the main advantages of glass panel interior doors is good or
effective insulating features. They also unleash high energy
efficiency. Nevertheless, they can be fabricated from almost any
material as a base. Glass panel interior doors come with great
resistance and durability against humidity and moisture. When
talking about installation, glass panel interior doors are easy to
install. Though, they can also display some flaws such being
difficult to clean, expensive and just to mention a few. Below is a
clear description of the advantages and disadvantages of a glass
panel interior door.
Advantages of decorative glass
Decorative glass can provide many functional and aesthetic benefits
for your entryway. Here is a partial list:
- Increase home resale value – A study by Remodeling Magazine in 2010
showed that exterior entry doors provided the highest return on
investment of any type of home improvement project.
- Add to curb appeal – The focal point of many homes is the front door. The addition of decorative glass can add pizzazz to this
- Increase energy efficiency – Decorative glass is not available in
double pane low e glassand triple pane options which can often reduce heating and cooling
costs vs. an existing door.
- Increase privacy – By using an obscure pattern of glass you can
move light through a door and maintain privacy simultaneously.
- Create an architectural style – You can create virtually an
architectural style (Renaissance, Contemporary, Craftsman, Frank
Lloyd Wright, Victorian, Colonial, Bungalow, New American, Spanish,
European etc.) using decorative door glass.
- Increase light – Brighter spaces can make a home feel more open and
using front door glass can allow increased natural light to stream
into the home – and more energy efficient glass packages can
improve the efficiency of the home at the same time.
Disadvantages of decorative glass
Although there are many positives there are disadvantages of
decorative glass to consider:
- Adds cost to the door – In general the cooler the decorative glass
package the more expensive it is.
- Provides less security – It is usually easier to break through
glass than to break through the door itself.
Decorative glass options have expanded greatly over the last few
years. Some of the options include:
- Decorative caming – Depending on the manufacturer decorative caming
is available in patina, polished brass and zinc.
- Fluted, beveled, leaded, glue chip, granite and art glass.
- Arch top windows and transoms – above a door a decorative arch top
window or rectangular transom can bring in light and add style.
- Colored glass – Add shades of bronze, blue and green to add a
splash of color with your light.
- Custom glass designs – One of kind custom designs can even be put
into a door.